3 Ingredient Chocolate Toasted Coconut Birds Nests
Looking for an incredibly simple and easy Easter recipe? You’re in the right place. These Chocolate Coconut Bird Nests are the perfect clean take on the typical unhealthy Easter treat. The cookies are crunchy, chocolate-y, and coco-nutty thanks to Let’s Do Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut. Recipe by Lauren Kirchmaier of Flora & Vino.
You have the option to dress these delicious bird nests up in whatever Easter candy you would like, or opt for some healthy fats from some cashews like Lauren!
- 1 1/2 cups Let’s Do Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (or skip the toasting and go for our Toasted Coconut Flakes)
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate
- cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts, or your favorite oval shaped candy
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the shredded coconut in an even layer and bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring at least once halfway, until the coconut is golden brown and slightly crispy. Watch carefully to ensure it doesn’t burn. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate on the stovetop in a small saucepan, until smooth and creamy. Pour chocolate over the shredded coconut and mixing with a spatula until the coconut is fully coated.
- Allow the bowl to sit for 5 minutes to let the mixture begin to stiffen, then, using a cookie scoop, scoop 2” TBSP balls back onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. Press down with the spatula or your hands to form small “nest, careful to leave a dip in the center.
- Fill the center with your favorite round nut such as cashews or oval shaped candy. Top with any leftover toasted coconut. Freeze to set quickly. Store leftovers in the fridge for 7 days and freeze forever!