5-Ingredient Raw Strawberries ‘N’ Cream Tarts
The crust is made up of just TWO ingredients – almonds and dates…! Can’t get more simple than that!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1 can Let’s Do…® Organic Heavy Coconut Cream, chilled overnight
- 1-2 TBS maple syrup
- Sliced Strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- To make the tart crusts, pulse the almonds into flour in a food processor.
- Add the dates and process until they stick together.
- Press 2-3 TBS of mixture into the bottom of a muffin tin lined with parchment paper (to avoid sticking) to mold your tart shape.
- To make the coconut cream, chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- After chilling the can, open the can and scoop the solid white coconut cream into the bowl. Discard the coconut water or save it for another use.
- Using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until fluffy and smooth. Add in maple syrup to taste. Return whipped cream to fridge until ready to use.
- Slice your strawberries as topping, or, for a sweeter alternative, heat the strawberries slices over the stovetop at low heat with a drizzle of maple syrup. Allow to cool.
- Store coconut cream, tart crusts, and and sliced strawberry mixture in the fridge until ready to serve. They will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
- To assemble the tarts, spread chilled coconut cream onto each tart and top with fresh strawberries slices and fresh mint. Serve immediately and return all leftovers to the fridge.
*Before beginning the recipe, ensure you have a can of chilled coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours to make the coconut whip, or, alternatively, top with ready made coconut cream or almond milk yogurt.