BBQ Jackfruit Pizza
This BBQ jackfruit pizza checks all the boxes: ✅ it’s pizza, ✅ it’s vegan, and ✅ it’s pizza!
It’s so easy to throw together thanks to Native Forest Organic Barbecue Jackfruit .The jackfruit is pre-seasoned in a delicious smokey BBQ sauce so all you have to do is break the chunks of jackfruit into smaller pieces and the oven does the rest!
The pizza has an olive oil and garlic base covered with vegan smoked gouda and mozzarella cheeses, and is topped with barbecue jackfruit, jalapeños, and red onion for an incredible combo of flavor!
You can use store bought dough or homemade, and there is enough jackfruit to top three 12-inch pizzas! Yay, leftovers!
- 10 oz ball pizza dough
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- a mix of shredded vegan smoked gouda* and mozzarella
- sliced red onion
- Native Forest Barbecue Organic Young Jackfruit
- Sliced jalapeño (optional)
- Chopped cilantro
*Vegan smoked gouda comes in slices, to shred it leave the slices pressed together and grate it as a block. Then mix the shredded gouda in about a 1:1 ratio with shredded vegan mozzarella.
- To make the pizzas, preheat your oven to 550 ºF or as hot as your oven goes. Position a rack 1/3 from the top of the oven and, if you have one, set a pizza stone on the rack to preheat.
- If the pizza dough is cold leave it at room temperature for 1 hour before using.
- Stretch the dough out until it is about 12 inches in diameter and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread olive oil to coat the dough, then add minced garlic. Top with desired amount of vegan cheese.
- Add red onion and break apart chunks of the BBQ Jackfruit to top the pizza. Spoon on some extra bbq sauce, and top with jalapeño if using. Slide a pizza peel (or the underside of a baking sheet) under the parchment paper to transfer the pizza onto the baking stone (or onto a baking tray) to bake.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden. If needed, broil at the end.
- Let the pizza cool for a minute then top with cilantro, slice, & serve!