Candy Cane Brownie Cookie Sandwiches
Made with Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream by @the.fit.peach
A brownie + a cookie with peppermint cream filling = your holiday dreams come true
With a delicious brownie cookie, made gluten-free with almond flour and dairy-free with coconut cream.
The best part of all? Crushed candy canes are in the creamy filling!
Make a few batches for friends and family because we can guarantee you these won’t last long!
– 1 cup chocolate chips⠀
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil⠀
– 2 eggs⠀
– 2/3 cup coconut sugar⠀
– 1 tsp vanilla⠀
– 1/4 cup almond flour⠀
– 2 Tbsp cacao⠀
– 1 tsp baking powder⠀
– 1 5.4-oz can Let’s Do Organic Unsweetened Coconut Cream, chilled in the fridge overnight⠀
– 2 Tbsp maple syrup⠀
– 1/8 tsp peppermint extract⠀
– 1/3 cup crushed candy canes⠀
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a pot on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir until the consistency is thin and runny. Remove from heat and let cool.⠀
2. Meanwhile, beat the coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until bubbles begin to form at the top. Fold in the melted chocolate. Add the almond flour, cacao powder, and baking powder and fold to incorporate.⠀
3. Using a small cookie scoop or a Tbsp measuring spoon, place dollops of the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 12 – 14 minutes. Let cool.⠀
4. Make the filling by beating the Let’s Do Organic Unsweetened Coconut Cream with a hand mixer until it is thick and creamy and has doubled in size. Add the maple syrup and peppermint extract and continue to whip with the hand mixer. Fold in the crushed candy canes.⠀
5. Spoon a dollop of the whipped filling onto the bottom of one brownie cookie. Place another brownie cookie on top to create a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container.