Cranberry Pistachio Banana Flour Fruit Bread
This easy and healthy banana flour fruit bread is perfect for the holidays, but so delicious you’ll want to eat it all year long! It’s dense and moist, full of fruits and nuts, and packed with that classic banana bread flavor!
Green Banana Flour is a delicious alternative to grain flour. The name is deceiving, but banana flour doesn’t taste like bananas. It’s made with organic green bananas that are picked before most of their starch has a chance to ripen to sugar, giving banana flour a mild and versatile flavor.
- You can use dark or regular cocoa or even cacao powder.
- You can sub out the eggs for “flax eggs” to make the loaf vegan, but just be aware it won’t rise as much.
- Keep in mind the coconut milk is the canned version, not the type in a carton. If you accidentally use the carton kind the loaf won’t have as rich and creamy of a texture.
This recipe is Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Oil-Free, Low FODMAP and contains no added sugar!
Yields: 1 LOAF
Serving: 10 slices
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 1 hr, 5 min
Total Time: 1 hr, 35 min
- ¾ cup water, warm
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Let’s Do Organic® Green Banana Flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp Let’s Do Organic® Tapioca Starch
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped fruit & nut mix, your choice
- ½ cup Let’s Do Organic® Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (~2 medium bananas)
- 2 eggs, large (for vegan use flax or chia egg, will be less fluffy)
- ½ cup Native Forest® Unsweetened Simple Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300 F and line an 8×5” glass loaf pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil so that some hangs over the edges of the pan.
- Warm the water (the easiest way is in the microwave for about 1 min.). Add the cocoa powder. Stir until there are no lumps. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the banana flour, oat flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the fruit & nut mixture and shredded coconut. Stir to incorporate.
- In a large bowl, add the mashed bananas and eggs. Whisk together until smooth and a liquid consistency.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and cocoa mixture. Stir together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir together until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Add the toppings in diagonal lines, any pattern you’d like, or scatter all over. Lightly press them in to the batter to stick.
- Bake for 60-70 min. If using a metal pan, it might take a little longer. The loaf will be done when a toothpick inserted about 1” from the edge comes out clean, and if inserted into the center comes out with a few wet crumbs. The top should feel firm to the touch and not be jiggly.
- Allow the loaf to cool for about 1 hour in the pan, then remove the loaf from the pan by lifting it out using the parchment paper or aluminum foil overhang. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- Slice it up and enjoy!
To keep it low FODMAP use low FODMAP nuts instead of dried fruits.