Gluten-Free Layer Cake
This stunning cake is made gluten-free and dairy-free thanks to a blend of gluten-free flour.
The frosting is made with Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream and date syrup!
Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk is incorporated into the cake to make it dairy-free.
Make this cake for any occasion and top it with your favorite garnishes!
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 30 min
2 cups gluten-free flour blend
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp baking powder
½ cup softened Native Forest Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, not melted
2 tbsp avocado oil
3 organic eggs
1 cup maple syrup (sub with honey)
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced (optional)
Grapefruit zest, 1 grapefruit (sub with orange or lemon zest)
Pinch of salt
Ingredients Whipped Coconut Cream:
1 tsp date syrup (sub with maple syrup)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 3 6-inch springform pans with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, fresh rosemary and salt.
- Add softened coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and avocado oil. Beat with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add coconut milk and grapefruit zest and slowly mix until combined.
- Evenly pour batter into the three pans and bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for about 10-15 minutes. Then remove cakes from the pans and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In the meantime prepare whipped coconut cream. In a bowl mix coconut cream and date syrup with a hand mixer or stand mixer for 30-60 seconds until fluffy.
- Place one of the cooled cakes onto your cake plate. Top with ⅓ cup of whipped coconut cream and spread evenly.
- Top with another cake layer and repeat the process.
- At the end top cake with remaining coconut cream and spread evenly across and onto the sides using a dough scraper or an offset spatula.
- Garnish with fresh fruits and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.