Vegan Grain-Free Samoas
Made with Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk and Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut by @feastingonfruit
Now that Girl Scout cookie season is upon us… let us share with you VEGAN GRAIN-FREE SAMOAS!
Obviously we love coconut so Samoas are our favorite 🤤 These are made with a 5 ingredient shortbread cookie base and a dairy-free caramel made with our Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk!
Lathered in Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut and of course the traditional chocolate stripes!
Traditional Samoas are full of nasties, but these taste just like the real thing but healthy!
If we haven’t sold you yet, just look at this stack! *Drooling*
-1 cup (110g) almond flour
-1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
-1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup or honey
-1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil (or coconut butter)
-1/4 tsp salt
Caramel Coconut Layer
-1 can (210g) Let’s Do Organic® Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 cups (140g) Let’s Do Organic® Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
-1/2 cup (90g) dark chocolate chips, melted
- Whisk together flours and salt. Add maple syrup and coconut oil, mix to form a sticky dough.
- Roll out between two sheets of wax paper. Freeze flat for 30 mins.
- Cut into ring shaped cookies, and bake 8-10 mins at 350ºF. Cool completely.
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and toast for 10 mins at 350ºF, stirring halfway through.
- Add Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk to a small saucepan. Simmer on medium low heat, stirring frequently until browned (about 10 minutes). Stir in salt and vanilla, then remove from heat. Pour over the toasted coconut and mix.
- Plop a dollop on top of each cookie, then press/shape into a ring. Freeze cookies for 2 hours. Dip the bottoms in melted dark chocolate, then drizzle the tops. Chill until chocolate is set.