Healthy Gingerbread Men
These delicious & festive cookies are made Let’s Do Organic Tapioca Starch by @delight.fuel
Made gluten-free with almond flour, oats and Let’s Do Organic Tapioca Starch.
And naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup!
The perfect gingerbread cookies for Santa or for friends and family (but healthier!)
Servings: 20-30 cookies
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
¾ cup (70g) oat flour (sub with brown rice flour)
⅓ cup (40g) brown rice flour
2 cups (200g) almond flour
¼ cup (25g) Let’s Do Organic Tapioca Starch
⅓ cup (50g) coconut sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 whole organic egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Optional (Cookie Icing)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix oat flour, brown rice flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, tapioca starch, cinnamon, ground cloves, ginger and baking powder. In a small separate bowl whisk the egg with maple syrup.
3. Add to dry ingredients and combine into a sticky dough with your hands. If too sticky add tapioca flour. If too dry, add more maple syrup.
4. On a floured surface roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a preferred cookie cutter and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes in the oven.
5. Take cookies out of the oven and let them cool down for about 15 minutes.
Transfer cookies onto a plate or baking sheet and apply icing (optional) to decorate cookies.
6. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to one week.