From My Delicious Vegan Diary comes this delicious Lemon Chia Vegan Ricotta & Berry Crepes recipe – may we recommend our Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk?
Lemon Chia Vegan Ricotta & Berry Crepes
- 1/2 c sliced strawberries
- 1/2 c black or boysenberries
- pinch of sugar
- a drip of vanilla
- 1 c vegan ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs coconut milk (may we recommend our Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk?)
- In a hot pan, slightly cook berries with a pinch of sugar and vanilla. You just want the flavors to start coming out, about a minute or two on high heat and then set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, sugar and milk. Set aside while making crepes.
- 1 Tbs egg replacer
- 1 Tbs Chia seeds
- 1 C water
- 2 Tbs canola oil
- 2 1/2 C coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Lemon zest and 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- 2 C cake flour
- pinch salt
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling and Maple syrup for drizzling.
In a blender, mix egg replacer, chia seeds and water for a minute on high. Add oil, zest, lemon juice and coconut milk and blend another minute. Add cake flour, 1/2 cup at a time and blend on high. Scrape down sides, add salt and mix another few seconds. Spray a little cooking spray evenly over hot pan. Wipe of excess and pour a little batter into the center of the pan. Kind of like you’d make an omelet, using your wrist, lift the pan and slowly swirl the mixture to the outside of the pan in circular motions. You want this batter to be really thin in the pan. Cook about a minute until you see the edges lift. I was able to grab the edge and flip the crepe by hand to cook the other side but feel free to use a spatula. Cook evenly on both sides and stack crepes on a plate as they’ve cooked.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Coconut Milk Recipes Here.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com