good good things has published this Almond Butter Coconut Curry recipe – may we recommend our Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes?
“This recipe came about by having odds and ends around the kitchen that needed to be used up. It can easily be adapted to use up whatever veggies are on their way to the compost bin. Other additions could be: sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut squash, zucchini…etc… Firm pressed tofu would be a great addition as well.”
Almond Butter Coconut Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3 medium potatoes, medium diced
- 1 bouillon cube, I use a chicken-less one (try Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes)
- 2 cups of water, divided (can use more if necessary)
- 1 13.5 fl oz can of coconut milk (try Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4-1 cup raw whole cashews
- 2 tomatoes chopped
In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute the garlic, onions, carrots and potatoes. Once the onions and garlic are soft add the bouillion cube and 1 cup of the water to the pot to help the carrots and potatoes along. If you feel like you need to add more water to cook the potatoes then do so. It won’t hurt the outcome at all. It just depends on how high the heat is. The potatoes should be fork tender in about 15-20 minutes.
While the potatoes and carrots are cooking, whisk together, in a small bowl the remaining cup of water, coconut milk, almond butter, tomato paste, agave nectar, curry powder and salt. Add to the pot along with the chickpeas, cashews and chopped tomatoes once the potatoes are cooked through. Add more water water, 1/2 a cup at a time, to thin out to your liking. The sauce will thicken as it cooks. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Serve over rice and a side of sauteed greens. (we used collard greens from our garden!)
A little end note: both kids..ages 4 1/2 and 1 loved this dinner!
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Natural Bouillon Cubes Recipes Here.
Purchase Edward & Sons™ Natural Bouillon Cubes singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Edward & Sons™ Natural Bouillon Cubes 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com