Peanut Butter & Peppers has published this great Asparagus and Basmati Rice recipe using our Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes:
“…I topped my rice with a pinch of Parmesan Cheese and Balsamic dressing, my Husband put soy sauce over his. I left the salad more on the plain side so we could add whatever dressing or toppings we want, if any. This dish is satisfying, healthy and oh so good! I had left overs for lunch the next day, I placed the rice of a bed of lettuce and added some leftover chicken from dinner, a drizzle of balsamic dressing and had a nice quick salad. It didn’t even need to be heated up, it was just right the way it was. I even nibbled on some leftovers straight from the fridge. I love healthy, tasty dishes like this and you do know if you have too much leftovers, you can freeze it to. That’s what I normally do with my rice dishes, but not this one, I had plans to eat it until it was gone!”
Asparagus and Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth (from Edward & Sons Natural Bouillon Cubes)
- 2 cup asparagus, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups spinach, fresh
- Cook Rice according to directions on package. I used a half cup dry to 1 cup water (add rice and water to a pot, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, fluff with a fork).
- In a skillet, add olive oil, onions, peppers and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until slightly soften. Add chicken broth, asparagus and black pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and spinach, stir until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in rice and serve.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Natural Bouillon Cubes Recipes Here.
Purchase Edward & Sons™ Natural Bouillon Cubes singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Edward & Sons™ Natural Bouillon Cubes 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com