Fit With Fuss has published this recipe using our Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk and Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flour:
A thick stack of fluffy pancakes, fresh off the griddle… topped with a melting butter and a drizzle of REAL maple syrup. Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? But if you follow a healthy low glycemic diet, you know that devouring a pile of pancakes is just about one of the worst things you can do for your health. In fact, an average serving of two pancakes with “butter” and syrup contains more than 500 calories, 90 grams of carbohydrate and 50 grams sugar, not to mention belly-bloating gluten and the heart-attack-waiting-to-happen “butter spread” loaded with deadly trans fat. But I’ve got some good news. You don’t have to end your love affair with flapjacks to be lean and healthy. In fact, when made with intelligent ingredients, pancakes can be a delicious delivery vehicle for protein, healthy fats and fiber. And the Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes below are just that. Not only are they packed with the fat-torching trifecta of protein, fiber and healthy fats, they’re also rich in antioxidants thanks to pumpkin and spices. Instead of lethargic, distended and dozing off to dreamland… these pancakes will leave you feeling satisfied, energized and ready to tackle your workday or workout!
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk
- 3 large pastured eggs or egg substitute
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp SweetLeaf Stevia Extract (to taste)
- 1/4 cup organic canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Let’s Do…Organic® Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil (for cooking)
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat a safe, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut flour, baking soda, stevia, salt and pumpkin pie spice with a whisk.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Gradually add the coconut flour mixture to the egg mixture as you whisk the ingredients together until well combined.
- Add coconut oil to the pan by teaspoons, swirling to fully coat bottom.
- Spoon the batter into the pan in whatever size you prefer. The batter will be thick, so gently shape your pancakes with the spoon. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, watching carefully (Note: These do not bubble like regular pancakes, so keep an eye on them as they cook. Check the edges to see if they’re done. Pancakes should be a deep golden with no raw batter on sides).
- Serve with a small drizzle of real maple syrup, grass-fed butter or ghee, chopped pecans or plain.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Coconut Milk Recipes Here.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Coconut Milk 12 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com