Vegan & Gluten Free Banana Flour Pierogies
- 3 Tbsp Ground Flax
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 1 cup Let’s Do…Organic® Banana Flour
- 2/3 cup Let’s Do…Organic® Arrowroot Starch
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a bowl, mix the ground flax and 6 Tbsp water and let sit until it thickens.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Green Banana Flour, arrowroot starch, oil and salt. Mix in the ground flax slurry and 1/4 cup of water.
- Knead the dough until it can be shaped into a ball. Roll out the dough between two sheets of plastic wrap or parchment paper to an 1/8 of an inch thickness. With a round cookie dough cutter or a wide mouth glass cut out circles of the dough.
- Place a small amount of filling (options below) in the center of each round. Fold the dough over and crimp the edges, making sure there are no openings.
- Place pierogies in a pot of boiling water and cook until they float to the top (for about 2-4 minutes)
- Filling options: Mashed potatoes, fried onions & garlic, sauteed mushrooms: the possibilities are endless!
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Green Banana Flour Recipes Here.
Purchase Organic Green Banana Flour singles at Edward & Sons store.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com