Another great recipe from Vegan Happy Hour using our Wizards® Organic Hot Stuff™!
Vegan Southern Fried Tofu
- 16 oz block of super firm tofu (I used a garden vegetable seasoned block for some extra flavor)
- 3 eggs worth of egg replacer
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup of hot sauce (Wizards® Organic Hot Stuff™) (basically an entire small bottle)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Extra salt, pepper, and some garlic powder for seasoning
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tofu block into 1/4-1/3 inch wide slices (cut along the long side of the block) and season lightly with the extra salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Mix the egg replacer, water and hot sauce into a small/medium sized bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper into a shallow baking dish. Stir these well!
- Dip the tofu slices into the liquid mixture then move into the flour mixture and coat well. Fry the tofu slices after they have been battered for about 5-7 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy (we all love crispy).
- Enjoy by themselves or with baked beans, corn bread, slaw and BBQ sauce.
Read the rest here.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Hot Stuff Recipes Here.
Purchase The Wizards™ Organic Hot Stuff singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase The Wizards™ Organic Hot Stuff Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com