Paleo Halloween Ghost Cupcakes
Made with Let’s Do Organic Cassava Flour by @delight.fuel ⠀
These cupcakes are made paleo with Let’s Do Organic Cassava Flour and almond flour.
Cassava flour is the perfect paleo flour as it’s a 1:1 flour replacement.
These fun halloween cupcakes come to life with marshmallow fluff on top, and you can’t forget the googly eyes!
These are naturally sweetened with maple syrup and the frosting is made with egg whites and monkfruit.
Enjoy these as a Halloween treat or a just a fun recipe for any occasion!
¾ cup almond flour⠀
⅓ cup Let’s Do Organic Cassava Flour⠀
⅓ cup raw cacao powder⠀
⅓ cup maple syrup⠀
1 ½ tbsp plant-based milk⠀
3 tbsp Native Forest Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)⠀
½ tsp baking soda⠀
1 tsp baking powder⠀
½ tsp apple cider vinegar⠀
3 organic eggs (or vegan substitute)⠀
Marshmallow Frosting ⠀
3 egg whites (or vegan substitute like aquafaba)⠀
1/2 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener (sub with cane sugar)⠀
1/4 tsp cream of tartar⠀
candy eye toppers⠀
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin cups. ⠀
2. In a large bowl add dry ingredients and combine. In a separate bowl add all wet ingredients and whisk together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine well with a spatula.⠀
3. Transfer batter into the muffin pan (3/4 full each) and bake for about 20-25 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 10 minutes before frosting. ⠀
4. In the meantime prepare the marshmallow frosting. In a small pot bring water to a simmer. Add egg whites into a heat safe bowl and plate on top of the post. Mix with the hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Add sugar gradually while mixing for about 4-5 minutes in total. Granulated sugar should be dissolved.⠀
5. Remove from the pot, add cream of tartar and mix for another 2-3 minutes until the marshmallow mixture reaches a stiff peak. ⠀
6. Transfer into a piping bag with a round tip and pipe ghosts on top of each muffin.⠀
7. Decorate with candy eye toppers and enjoy immediately. ⠀
8. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days.