Vegan Berry Chocolate Trifle
Made with Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Cream by @feastingonfruit
This delicious Berry Chocolate Trifle is perfect for summer and is vegan and paleo-friendly!
This isn’t your traditional trifle, as it’s made with CHOCOLATE custard, we promise it’s a good idea!
This comes together with your favorite vanilla cake, dairy-free chocolate custard, all the berries, and the fluffiest coconut whipped cream on top.
The coconut whipped cream is made vegan and paleo with Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Cream!
Look at that dairy-free whip!
You can even use a boxed cake mix to make this easy peasy! Were going to cube it up!
The chocolate custard comes together with almond milk, coconut sugar, arrowroot, cocoa powder, and vanilla.
This dessert is the perfect way to use up all those ripe berries in your fridge!
Assemble the layers, by layering chunks of cake, chocolate custard, berries, and whipped cream.
Grab the recipe below!
Vegan Berry Chocolate Trifle (makes 4)
- 1 8×8” square of your favorite vanilla cake (or boxed mix)
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can Native Forest® Organic Unsweetened Simple Coconut Cream, chilled at least 24 hours
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240g) almond milk
- 1/3 cup (50g) coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp (22g) arrowroot
- 1/3 cup (35g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Bake the cake, chill overnight, then cut into 1” cubes.
- Prepare the custard: Whisk together coconut sugar, arrowroot, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add almond milk and whisk to combine. Heat on medium, whisking frequently, until it begins to boil. Boil 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat, transfer to a glass bowl, place a piece of plastic wrap on top touching the top surface of the custard. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Prepare the coconut whipped cream: Scoop out the solid part from the can of coconut cream. Whip with a hand beater until smooth and fluffy. Add sweetener and vanilla, whip until combined. If it gets too thin while mixing, refrigerate 30 minutes to re-thicken.
- Assemble the trifles: layer chunks of cake, chocolate custard, berries, whipped cream. Repeat until the dish(es) are filled to the top.