Vegan Gingerbread Donuts
Made with Let’s Do Organic Coconut Flour and Tapioca Starch by Natalie of @feastingonfruit
Picture a gingerbread cookie walked into a donut, this is their love child!
With flavors of gingerbread and the doughy texture of a donut these are sure to hit that holiday sweet spot!
Not to mention the generous cinnamon sugar coating for a final touch!
Stack ’em up and bite right in!
These donuts are grain-free, gluten-free, and vegan!
- 1/2 cup (120g) applesauce
- 1/2 cup (125g) cashew butter
- 1/3 cup (105g) maple syrup
- 3 tbsp (45g) molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup (30g) Let’s Do Organic® Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) Let’s Do Organic® Tapioca Starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together applesauce, cashew butter, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Add spices, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Pipe or spoon into a greased donut pan (or a muffin pan works too if you don’t have one!) and smooth the tops.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes (25-30 if making muffins) at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon, dip each donut to coat (if it won’t stick, lightly coat in melted coconut oil then dip).
- And eat!