Vegan Hoisin Tofu Spring Rolls
Made with Premier Japan Gluten-Free Hoisin Sauce by @thecuriouschickpea
Temperatures are creeping up and it’s the perfect time of year to make some spring rolls!
Both the tofu and dipping sauce are made with Premier Japan Organic Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce, it’s so flavorful and helps this dish come together quickly!
These hoisin tofu spring rolls are filled with fresh crispy vegetables and served with a hoisin-peanut dipping sauce.
Hoisin Tofu Spring Rolls
By Eva Agha @thecuriouschickpea
Yield: 8 rolls
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 block extra or super firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Let’s Do Organic Cornstarch
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ cup Premier Japan Organic Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 8 rice paper wraps (have extra on hand in case any tear)
- 90g dry vermicelli noodles, prepared to package instructions
- Cabbage, finely shredded
- Carrots, peeled and julienned
- Cucumber, julienned
- Fresh basil
- Fresh mint
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp Premier Japan Organic Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- ¼ cup hot water
- Salt or soy sauce to taste
- Pat the tofu with a towel to dry and cut into cubes. Sprinkle with the cornstarch, gently flipping part way through to evenly coat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the tofu and a pinch of salt when hot. Pan fry until the tofu is golden on a few sides, about 6-8 minutes. Add the minced ginger, ½ cup of hoisin, and sriracha to taste and let simmer a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened. Turn off heat and let the tofu cool while you prepare the veggies.
- To make the rolls, run each side of the rice paper wraps under hot tap water and place on a damp cutting board. Arrange the basil, cilantro, and mint in the center of the wrap then top with the carrot, cucumber, and cabbage. Add some rice vermicelli and hoisin tofu.
- Fold the bottom of the wrap over the filling, then fold in the sides so that they stick to the folded bottom of the wrapper. Roll away from you to wrap the spring roll. Repeat with the remaining wraps and filling.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce, add salt or soy sauce to taste. Drizzle sauce over rolls as you eat them and enjoy!