Vegan Jackfruit Portobello Chickpea Burgers
These burgers are easy to make and look so “meaty”, but they’re totally plant-based!
The patties are made with Edward & Son Organic Jackfruit Pieces, Native Forest Organic Portobello Mushroom Slices, chickpeas, and oats!
Makes: 5 large patties
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 4 tablespoons water)
- 7 oz (1 pack) Edward & Sons Organic Young Jackfruit Pieces
- 6.5 oz (1 can) Native Forest Organic Portobello Mushrooms
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- pinch pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the flax eggs by combining the flaxseed meal with the water and letting them “gel up” while you make the burgers.
- In a food processor or blender, place all the burger ingredients in the same food processor/blender and pulse until well combined- don’t fully blend it or it will become mushy.
- Form the mixture into patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with your favorite burger toppings. We used traditional toppings- tomato, lettuce, ketchup and mustard, but you can add whatever toppings you’d like!