Vegan Mini Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes
They are creamy and rich tasting, but not too sweet. A delightful dessert, everything is always cuter when it’s mini size! Perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion!
By Eva Agha @thecuriouschickpea
Serves: 8 mini cheesecakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 7 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 8oz vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Let’s Do Organic Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped
- 2 cans Native Forest Coconut Cream
- Sifted powdered sugar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 ºF and line 8 muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a food processor pulverize the 7 sandwich cookies to make chocolate crumbs. Add the melted vegan butter and pulse to combine. The mixture should hold together when pressed, if it’s too crumbly add a bit more vegan butter.
- Add a generous tablespoon of the crumbs to each lined muffin tin and press down to compress the crumbs into a crust. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes at 325 ºF to set.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, coconut cream, sugar, arrowroot powder, and vanilla extract. Using electric beaters whip it until smooth and creamy and no lumps remain. Fold in the chopped cookies.
- Divide the cream cheese filling between the muffin tins, placing a heaping quarter cup into each cup and filling almost to the brim. Bake at 325 ºF for 18-22 minutes or until the center is set and no longer looks liquidy.
- Let cool down to room temperature in the tin, then transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate until set, at least a couple of hours.
- Remove the liners and decorate the cheesecakes with whipped coconut cream and more cookie crumbs to serve.
- To make whipped coconut cream: refrigerate the cans of coconut cream overnight (ideally for 24 hours or longer). Open the cans from the bottom and pour out any liquid, reserving for another use. Scoop the solid white cream into a mixing bowl and whip with electric beaters until fluffy. Add powdered sugar to sweeten to taste and whip in.