Olive Oil Coffee Chocolate Sheet Cake
This Vegan & Grain Free Olive Oil Coffee Chocolate Sheet Cake with Chocolate Espresso Buttercream is made with Let’s Do Organic Cassava Flour and our Confetti Sprinklez by @abouttosprout
This sheet cake is easy peasy and deliciously coated with a layer of chocolate buttercream frosting.
Let’s Do Organic Sprinkelz add a fun finish to the cake, because who doesn’t love sprinkles!?
- 3 cups Let’s Do Organic Cassava Flour, sifted (don’t skip)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1 cup cold water⠀
- 16 oz. vegan butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- sifted 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- Topping: 1 package Let’s Do Organic Confetti Sprinkelz⠀
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine sifted cassava flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda & salt into a large bowl.
- Measure out your olive oil and add you ACV and let sit for 1 minute. Pour in your oil/vinegar mixture, vanilla, cold coffee & cold water and mix until combined.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting.⠀
MAKE YOUR BUTTERCREAM:
- Using a stand/handheld mixer, add your butter and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Then add vanilla and beat once more. Add sifted powdered sugar, cocoa powder and espresso powder and beat until thick and creamy.
- If your buttercream is too thick add the additional non-dairy milk 1 tablespoon at a time to make it a bit lighter. You want it to be able to hold its shape!
- Frost your cooled cake and top with a whole package of sprinkelz!