Vegan Peaches & Cream French Toast
We’ve partnered with Bread SRSLY to make the most delicious gluten-free vegan french toast!
This french toast recipe uses ground flaxseeds and arrowroot starch instead of eggs, but you’ll never guess it’s vegan!
- 5 slices Bread SRSLY Gluten-Free Sourdough Bread (or bread of choice, use a thick bread here)
- 1 cup Native Forest Organic Classic Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or omit and add an extra 1 tbsp maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Let’s Do Organic Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 can Native Forest Organic Peach Slices
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- In a large bowl, whisk coconut milk with ground flaxseed, coconut sugar, maple syrup, arrowroot starch, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. This should form a thick batter, not thin.
- One at the time, dunk the bread into the batter and let it absorb the mixture for 1-2 minutes, then flip.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat, and melt the butter or coconut oil.
- With tongs place the bread on the skillet and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes and then flip, let it cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat this with all the pieces of bread. Remove with tongs and assemble on plate.
- Strain the peaches and place on top of the french toast. Next, finish with a generous layer of dairy-free whipped cream and the finishing touch of sweet maple syrup!