Vegan Toasted Coconut Snack Cake
Made with Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut, Heavy Coconut Cream and Coconut Flour by @feastingonfruit
It would be truly difficult to cram more forms of coconut into one slice of cake than this Toasted Coconut Snack Cake has got going on.
Coconut butter in the batter, toasted coconut folded in, coconut whipped cream on top, and of course more toasty coconut sprinkles.
If you’re a coconut lover, we’d totally suggest you make this cake right away.
This cake has a decadent frosting made with Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream and then is topped with more toasted coconut!
Simply spread the coconut on a baking sheet and toast it!
Now slice it up and dig in!
- 3/4 cup (180g) applesauce
- 3/4 cup (165g) coconut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup (60g) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup (35g) Let’s Do Organic® Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (plus more for topping)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can Let’s Do Organic® Heavy Coconut Cream, chilled overnight
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Spread about 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut on a pan and toast for 5-10 minutes until golden brown (check/stir halfway through).
- Increase oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Whisk together applesauce, cashew butter, coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add the flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in ½ cup toasted coconut. Transfer to a greased baking dish (8×4”) and smooth the top (spray spatula in nonstick spray to make it easier).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350ºF. The edges should be golden and the center bounces back when lightly pressed when it’s done.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Spoon out the solid part from the chilled can of coconut cream. Whip with a hand mixer, adding 1-2 tbsp sweetener if desired.
- Spread coconut whipped cream on top of cooled cake. Sprinkle with more toasted coconut.
- Slice and eat!