Whole30 Paleo Vegan Curried Carrot Soup
This super easy 30 minute curried carrot soup is the perfect springtime soup – easy, light, and FULL of flavor!
Made with carrots, onion, garlic, curry powder, and Native Forest Coconut Cream for some super creamy coconut action, fresh lime for that bright zip, and a little cilantro to set the whole bowl off! Recipe by Nyssa’s Kitchen
This soup is good for all diets as it is paleo, vegan, and whole30 friendly!
Serves: 4 ⠀
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- about 8-10 carrots, washed and cut into 1/2 inch rounds – approximately 4 cups worth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 quart of broth
- 1 5.4 oz can Native Forest Coconut Cream
- juice of 1/2 a lime ⠀
- Heat avocado oil over medium high heat. Add sliced carrots, diced onion, thinly sliced garlic, and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Sauté, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and translucent – about 8 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cook and stir for 30 seconds or so, until fragrant.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low for about 15-20 minutes, until carrots are tender and liquid has reduced slightly.
- Stir in coconut cream until well combined.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Avoid overfilling your blender and risking a scalding splatter – blend in two batches if needed!
- Season with salt to taste and the juice of one lime.
- Serve topped with some fresh herbs or micro greens, and a little extra coconut cream if you’re feeling fancy! ⠀