Creamy Vegan Lemon Pasta
This creamy vegan lemon pasta is bright, garlicky, and so easy to make!
The spaghetti noodles are tossed in a delicious coconut milk sauce with lemon, garlic, parsley, and dairy-free parmesan.
Since it’s ready in 30 minutes or less, this dinner recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Enjoy it with the whole family during spring or summer for a light-yet-comforting meal!
The spaghetti noodles are tossed in a lemon, garlic, and coconut milk sauce.
The consistency is rich and creamy, but the flavor is fresh and bright!
Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk gives this pasta ultra rich creaminess, while being completely dairy-free and vegan.
This rich, creamy, coconut milk is a key ingredient. It mimics real milk and cream, making it a perfect option for vegan sauces.
Use your favorite type of pasta! We recommend long noodles, like spaghetti or fettuccine. However, it is equally delicious with shorter varieties like penne.
We’ll use both lemon juice and lemon zest in the pasta. The juice has an acidic flavor while the zest is bright and citrusy. Grab the recipe below!
- 12 oz pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tsp water)*
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3–4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup vegan parmesan
- Cook the pasta al dente (or about 1-2 minutes underdone) according to the package instructions. After, drain water and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large pot or skillet, warm the olive oil and minced garlic. Sauté 1-2 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and cornstarch mixture to the pot. Stir together and bring to a light boil. Add the cooked pasta and stir together to warm. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix together. Taste and adjust as needed. If you’d like to thin the sauce, feel free to add a few splashes of vegetable broth or coconut milk.
- Serve pasta with fresh parsley and vegan parmesan on top. Enjoy!
- *Cornstarch: You can use cornstarch, arrowroot starch, or tapioca starch.
- Pasta: You can use any type of pasta. I recommend long noodles, like spaghetti or fettuccine.
- Coconut Milk: Be sure to use original or full-fat canned coconut milk, not lite or light coconut milk. If your label doesn’t say original or full-fat, check to make sure it contains 12-14 grams of fat per serving.
- Storage: Pasta is best served immediately after making it. However, leftovers can be stored inside a sealed container in the refrigerator. To reheat, add a splash of water and microwave for 30-60 seconds increments until warm. Be careful not to overcook it.
- The nutrition information is based on 5 servings using 12 oz whole wheat pasta. It will change if you use another type of pasta.