Vegan Caramel Apple Board
Hosting this Thanksgiving? Make this Caramel Apple Board for your friends and family.
This board is soo delicious with ooey gooey vegan caramel sauce and cream cheese frosting!
It’s the perfect sweet treat to share with friends and family during the holidays, like a charcuterie board but dessert-style!
- 1 can Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk* (refrigerated overnight and use just the cream)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Cream Cheese Ingredients:
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- dash of vanilla (I used clear vanilla)
- pinch of sea salt
- 3-5 Granny Smith apples
- chopped pecans & flakey salt (optional)
- To a small pan over medium heat, add the 1/3 cup of coconut cream that you scooped out from the can of coconut milk. After it has started to melt, add in the coconut sugar.
- Stir them together consistently until the mixture starts to bubble. Turn off the heat and add in the vanilla, salt, and cornstarch. Whisk them together, making sure to break up any cornstarch clumps.
- Transfer the caramel into a jar and place it in the fridge for it to cool and harden a bit.
- To make the cream cheese base, use a hand mixer to combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese base on a cutting board, then drizzle the caramel all over on top. I also swirled it around to create a marble effect and I added chopped pecans and flakey salt.
- Chop the green apples, dip them in and enjoy.
*Note: Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight. Then scoop out only the solid part that forms at the top. Measure out 1/3 cup of this and add this to the recipe.