Vegan Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
Made with Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk by @peanutbutterpluschocolate
Made vegan with Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk, it’s just two ingredients: coconut milk and sugar!
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free baking flour 1:1
- 1/2 cup Let’s Do Organic Tapioca Starch
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup vegan butter cold and chopped
- 7-8 tbsp cold water
- 5 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 can 7.4 oz Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Let’s Do Organic Tapioca Starch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups pecans separated
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- almond milk for brushing
**NOTE if you don’t wish to decorate your pie crust then simply cut the crust ingredients in half.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Place all the crust ingredients (excluding the water) into a food processor and pulse until crumbles form. Add in the water one tablespoon at a time, pulsing until a dough ball forms. Separate the ball into two even pieces.
- Roll one of the dough balls out between two peices of parchment paper until it’s roughly 1/8 inch in thickness.
- Transfer the dough to the pie pan and crimp the edges with your fingers. Remove any excess dough.
- Roll the second dough ball out between two peices of parchment paper until it’s roughly 1/8 inch in thickness and use a cookie cutter or pie crust cutter to make leaves.
- Brush the pie crust with almond milk before decorating with the cut out leaves and then brushing those with almond milk. Place on a baking sheet and bake the decorated pie crust for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, set aside one cup of pecans and chop the remaining two cups into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the butter, coconut sugar, condensed milk, tapioca flour and vanilla into a bottom heavy pot and turn on medium-low heat stirring until smooth. Once smooth, stir in the chopped pecans and then remove from the heat. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the cooked pie crust. Top with whole pecans and cover with tin foil.Be sure you place the pie on a baking sheet in case it bubbles over and then bake the pie for 35 minutes. Let cool before serving.