Vegan Gnocchi Soup
If you’re craving a warm and comforting meal that’s also packed with veggies, you need to make this vegan gnocchi soup!
This soup is cozy, hearty, vegan and delicious!
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1-2 celery stalks
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 can Native Forest® Organic Classic Coconut Milk
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cubes Edward & Sons® Not-Chick’n™ Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tsp each of thyme, oregano, rosemary & dried basil
- 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 16 oz gnocchi
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- Start by chopping the garlic, onion, celery, and mushrooms and grating the carrots.
- Generously drizzle olive oil in the bottom of a large pot.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook them for 2-3 minutes on medium heat, until they start to release their flavors.
- To the garlic and onion, add the celery, carrot, and mushrooms. Cook them for another 2-3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add in the bouillion cubes, spices, salt and pepper, water, and canned coconut milk and stir them together.
- Add in the cornstarch and whisk it in, making sure to break up any clumps.
- Cook the soup until it comes to a boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the gnocchi and cook for several minutes, according to the package instructions. You’ll know they are ready when the gnocchi start to rise up to the surface.
- Last, add the handfuls of spinach and cook for about 5 minutes, until the spinach softens.
- Divide the soup into bowls, top with vegan parmesan cheese, and enjoy with some toasted bread!