Vegan Jackfruit Not-Chick’n Salad
Made with Native Forest Organic Sodium Free Jackfruit and Edward & Sons Not Chick’n Bouillon Cubes.
If you’re looking for an easy, full-proof vegan chicken salad recipe, this is the one for you!
Cook the jackfruit with the vegan not chick’n bouillon cubes and then add in vegan mayo, celery, green onions, salt, pepper, and optionally add in dried cranberries.
Use it as a chicken salad sandwich filling, top it on a salad, or eat it by itself!
The texture of shredded jackfruit is so similar chicken, it could even fool a meat eater!
Get the easy recipe below, and whip it up within minutes!
- 1 can Native Forest® Organic Sodium Free Young Jackfruit (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cubes Edward & Sons™ Not Chick’n™ Bouillon cubes (Low sodium if desired)
- 1/3 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- Chopped Green Onion & Celery (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put drained jackfruit and cover with fresh water. Boil until jackfruit starts to separate. Simmer for 5-7 minutes and then drain the jackfruit and put back in the pan.
- Add 1 cup of water and 2 bouillon cubes to the pan. Bring to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Drain and put jackfruit into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, veggies and salt & pepper (if desired) and mash while stirring well to break up bigger chunks.
- Serve with Brown Rice Snaps®, Exotic Rice Toast®, top your favorite salad or make a great sandwich!