Vegan Payday Bars
Homemade payday bars are a vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, no-bake copycat of the original candy bar!
Payday bars have a sweet, caramel-like nougat covered in salted peanuts.
They are made with peanut butter chips, mini marshmallows, and Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk.
These homemade candy bars are perfect for Halloween, parties, and peanut butter lovers! or any time your craving a sweet and salty treat!
Tips for the recipe: Mini marshmallows are better than regular marshmallows because they melt quickly. If you are vegan, choose a gelatin-free variety. If you are vegan or dairy-free, it can be tricky to find dairy-free peanut butter chips. You can always try searching for butterscotch chips or caramel chips instead. They will provide a very similar flavor and texture.
- 3 cups roasted and salted peanuts, divided
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cans Let’s Do Organic® Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk (14 ounces total)
- 2 cups vegan mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread half of the peanuts across the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium saucepan, add peanut butter chips and vegan butter. Melt together, stirring frequently, until combined. Add sweetened condensed coconut milk, mini marshmallows, and vanilla extract. Stir until melted and evenly combined.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the dish, spreading evenly across the layer of peanuts. Top with the remaining peanuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set. After, remove from the refrigerator and slice into bars. Enjoy!
- How to store: Store these homemade payday bars in a sealed container inside the refrigerator. They will keep for up to 1 week. If you would like to store them longterm, keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Peanut butter chips: If you cannot find peanut butter chips, you can use butterscotch or caramel chips instead.