Vegan Pecan Pie Muffins
Made with Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut by @feastingonfruit
Ever wanted to eat pie for breakfast? 🥧 Well now you can with these Vegan “Brown Butter” Pecan Pie Muffins!
They are healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast or dessert and taste just like pecan pie!
They are ultra fluffy, ultra nutty and toasty tasting, perfect for the holiday season!
The secret ingredient in these muffins is Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut!
The key is to brown the creamed coconut, like you would butter.
Browning the creamed coconut takes a little stirring/simmering patience but it is soo worth it.
The browned creamed coconut also doubles as a delish drizzle on top of a cozy warm-from-the-oven muffin too!
These muffins are both vegan, gluten-free, and sweetened with coconut sugar!
Bring these muffins to Thanksgiving or Christmas to much on before the feast, or snack on them for breakfast to get in the holiday spirit!
Get the recipe below!
1 package Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut
3/4 cup (115g) coconut sugar
1 cup (240g) almond milk (warmed)
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp warm water)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cups (90g) gluten free flour
3/4 cup (68g) pecan flour (or finely ground pecans)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Pecan halves + coarse sugar for topping
- Brown the creamed coconut: Squeeze into a small nonstick saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cook for 10-12 minutes stirring almost continuously with a spatula until browned. Cool 5-10 minutes before using.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together ½ cup of the browned creamed coconut with coconut sugar, almond milk, flax egg, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add flours, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Scoop into a lined muffin pan filling each almost to the top.
- Press a pecan on top of each muffin and sprinkle with coarse sugar (optional).
- Bake 5 minutes at 425°F. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake another 15 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Drizzle with leftover browned creamed coconut if desired, and eat!