Vegan Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Easy, fluffy, one-bowl vegan pumpkin waffles with maple syrup and lots of cozy spices for a yummy grain-free breakfast!
This delicious waffle recipe is the perfect fall breakfast!
These waffles are pillowy cake on the inside, crispy golden on the outside.
They’re made with REAL pumpkin and lots of fall spice, and they sponge up maple syrup like a delicious dream!
To make these waffles you’ll need pumpkin puree, nut butter, coconut oil almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, coconut flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking power and salt.
Some tips to make these waffles: don’t overmix the batter, make sure all ingredients are room temp, let the batter sit 5 minutes after mixing before cooking. Cook in a preheated and greased waffle iron, even if it claims to be “nonstick”. Cook them on a lower setting for longer if possible. Be careful removing them from the waffle iron, they are quite soft when hot and will turn crisp after cooling for a few minutes.
These waffles are the ultimate fall breakfast! Let’s get cooking!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles (makes 4-6)
- 1/2 cup (120g) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (65g) runny nut/seed butter
- 3 tbsp (38g) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (60g) almond milk
- 2 tbsp (20g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca flour or starch
- 1/4 cup (25g) Let’s Do Organic Coconut Flour
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together pumpkin, nut/seed butter, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix until smooth (it will be quite thick).
- Scoop the batter onto the iron. Close and cook to desired doneness. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve with fruit, whipped cream, chopped pecans, maple syrup, etc.