Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream
Made with Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream by Natalie of @feastingonfruit
If we told you, this ice cream was made in a blender, would you believe us? Well, it’s true!
This Dairy-Free Rocky Road Ice Cream is made vegan with Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream and all the favorite rocky road mix-ins you love.
We’ve decided to take rocky road up a notch by adding BROWNIE CHUNKS! Not necessary, but oh so good!
To make this creamy and thick blender ice cream we’re going to shake the cans of coconut cream and pour into ice cube trays to freeze overnight.
The next day, blend the coconut cream cubes with cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
Add a little extra coconut cream or milk if necessary (but try reeeeeeally hard not to!). You will need to stop and scrape down the sides frequently.
Layer the ice cream, then the mix-ins, then more ice cream and more mix-ins!
Then Freeze for 30-60 minutes, scoop and serve. Easy as pie!
- Two 13.5oz cans Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (or pecans/almonds)
- 1 cup vegan mini marshmallows
- Optional: brownie chunks
- Freeze the Heavy Coconut Cream in ice cube trays overnight.
- Blend the coconut cream cubes with cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a high speed blender until smooth. Add a little nondairy milk if needed to blend.
- In a pan or dish, layer ice cream > marshmallows, walnuts, chocolate chips, brownie chunks > repeat.
- Freeze for 30-60 minutes until scoop-able.
- Serve and enjoy!
- It will be creamiest the day you make it, but will keep a few days in the freezer (remove 5-10 minutes to soften before eating)