Vegan Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie
It’s holiday baking time! Swap out your traditional pumpkin pie with this Vegan Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie!
This recipe is vegan & gluten-free for all to enjoy!
It has an ooey gooey delicious layer of salted caramel that pairs perfectly with the smooth & creamy pumpkin pie filling.
The salted caramel layer is made with Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream, for an ooey gooey and luscious caramel!
The pumpkin pie filling is made with organic pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and almond butter.
While the gluten-free crust is made with gluten-free all purpose flour, brown sugar, vegan butter, dairy-free milk and sea salt.
The caramel layer steals the show, which is made with Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream, brown sugar, arrowroot starch and sea salt.
Grab the recipe below for pumpkin pie perfection!
- 1 and 1/2 cans (15 ounce cans) organic pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp Let’s Do Organic Arrowroot Starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 ounces vegan butter
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Let’s Do Organic Arrowroot Starch
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the crust ingredients in a food processor until a thick dough forms.
- Add the crust to the pie pan and evenly distribute. make sure you press the dough up onto the sides. the crust should be between 1/4-1/3 inch thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and remove.
- Add the filling ingredients to a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency.
- Add directly into the pie crust lined pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven. The pie should cool down on the counter completely and then be transferred to the fridge. ideally, pie should set in the fridge overnight but at least 6 hours.
- For the salted caramel, add all ingredients to a pan and bring to a boil on medium high heat and stir constantly. Turn the heat down to medium heat and cook for a couple more minutes. It doesn’t take long at all and you don’t want the caramel to burn.
- Add caramel layer to the top of the pie, sprinkle more sea salt and enjoy!