Sweet potatoes stuffed with bbq shredded jackfruit, avocado, and yogurt tahini. Perfect for a summer cookout or weeknight meal!
Made with Edward & Sons Organic Young Jackfruit Unseasoned Pieces by Lauren of Flora & Vino.
Edward & Sons Organic Young Jackfruit Unseasoned Pieces are the main ingredient stuffed in these delicious sweet taters!
Dress them up with avocado, tahini, cilantro and tahini dressing!
Perfect for Summer BBQ’s or your favorite easy week night meal!
- 3–4 sweet potatoes
- 1 7 oz. package Edward & Sons Organic Unseasoned Shredded Young Jackfruit
- avocado oil spray
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper
- ½ cup refined sugar-free BBQ sauce
- ~1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 avocado, diced
- cilantro, for serving
- sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scrub the sweet potatoes and pierce several times with a fork. Add to the baking sheet and bake for ~60 minutes, until fork tender and fluffy on the inside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients for the stuffed potatoes.
- Rinse, drain, and thoroughly dry jackfruit.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little bit of avocado oil spray. Add shredded jackfruit and season with paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until warm and starting to color.
- Next, add the BBQ sauce and thin with a little filtered water. Stir and reduce heat to low- medium and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together the yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice.
- To assemble, slice into each sweet potato with a knife. Fluff the insides with a fork and stuff with BBQ jackfruit. Top with avocado, cilantro, sesame seeds, and yogurt tahini dressing.
- Store leftovers in the the fridge for 2-3 days.