Chocolate Avocado Coconut Cream Bars
These bars are the perfect festive dessert for St. Patrick’s Day! Not only are they delicious but they are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free! Made with Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut by Lauren of Flora & Vino.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 ripe avocado, smashed (~1/2 cup)
- 1 7 oz. package Let’s Do Organic Creamed Coconut
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 oz. dairy-free dark chocolate, melted
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all base ingredients to the blender and process until you have a sticky dough.
- Press dough in an even layer in the lined pan and place on the freezer to chill.
- Add all avocado layer ingredients to the food processor or blender until completely smooth.
- Remove pan from the freezer and smooth over the base layer. Place pan back in the freezer.
- Melt chocolate in a pan over medium low.
- Remove pan from freezer and pour chocolate over the avocado layer and smooth with a spatula.
- Place pan back in the freezer.
- After 10 minutes, remove pan and slice into bars before the chocolate hardens completely.
- Store bars in the freezer for several months!