Curry Braised Jackfruit
This delicious and hearty meal is not only delicious but super simple and easy to make! We teamed up with our friends over at Maya Kaimal to bring you this Curry Braised Jackfruit recipe made with Edward & Sons Jackfruit Pieces and Maya Kaimal Simmer Sauce.
Our Edward & Sons Boxed Jackfruit Pieces are conveniently vacuum packed, making it incredibly to prepare. We recommend boiling it for a few minutes before sautéing with Maya Kaimal’s Simmer Sauce.
Recipe: Curry Braised Jackfruit
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans
- 1 Box Edward & Sons Organic Jackfruit Pieces
- 1 Jar Maya Kaimal Kashmiri Curry Simmer Sauce
- Rice (to serve) Cilantro to Garnish
- Cilantro to Garnish
- Optional Topping: Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- In a frying pan, cover jackfruit with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-high and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Mash the jackfruit to loosen and separate. While jackfruit is boiling, steam broccoli and set aside. After 10 minutes, drain remaining water from pan.
- Add broccoli and garbanzo beans, pour entire jar of Maya Kaimal Kashmiri Curry Simmer Sauce. Cover pan, and simmer for 10 minutes while gradually stirring.
- Serve with rice, top with roasted sweet potatoes, and garnish with cilantro.