Vegan Jackfruit “Toonot” Salad™
- 14 oz Native Forest® Organic Young Jackfruit, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion, diced (about a 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kelp granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup cooked great northern white beans
- 1/4 cup vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons pickled relish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Use a fork to pull apart the jackfruit into shreds (until it has a tuna-like consistency).
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add the jackfruit and let it cook, stirring occasionally, until the jackfruit’s moisture is gone. Add the kelp granules and add salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- While the jackfruit is cooking, start the salad. In a bowl, use a fork to mash the white beans. Once they are thoroughly mashed, add the rest of the salad ingredients and mix together.
- Once the jackfruit is done cooking, add it to the salad mixture and mix until fully coated. Taste and add seasoning, if necessary.
Click here for printer friendly version
Find Great Organic Jackfruit Recipes Here.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Jackfruit singles at Edward & Sons store.
Purchase Native Forest® Organic Jackfruit 6 Packs at Amazon.com.
Click Here to find a store near you.
Republished by EdwardandSons.com