Vegan Oven Fried Artichokes with Tartar Sauce
If you’re looking for the perfect summery appetizer you have to try these oven fried artichoke hearts!
They’re loaded up with seafood inspired seasonings and served with a homemade tartar sauce for a divine pairing.
The combo is savory, lemony, crispy, and addictively good.
These breaded artichoke hearts perfectly made with Native Forest Quartered Artichoke Hearts, Let’s Do Organic Cornstarch, Edward & Sons Lightly Salted Breadcrumbs, and The Wizard’s Vegan Worcestershire Sauce.
The vegan tartar sauce is the perfect pairing with these oven-fried artichokes, too! Yum!
Oven Fried Artichoke Hearts
By Eva Agha @thecuriouschickpea
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can Native Forest Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Let’s Do Organic Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened plant milk
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 cup Edward & Sons Lightly Salted Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp kelp granules (optional, for seafood-y taste–if using decrease the salt to ¼ teaspoons)
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp minced dill pickles
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp The Wizard’s Worcestershire Sauce
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In one bowl combine the flour, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon salt. In a second bowl whisk together the milk and mayonnaise until smooth. In a third bowl whisk together the breadcrumbs, olive oil, 1 ½ teaspoons Old Bay seasoning, garlic granules, salt, and kelp granules if using.
- Dip each quartered artichoke heart first in the flour mixture, then in the milk-mayo mixture, then finally the breadcrumbs. Place on the baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the breading is a golden brown.
- While the artichoke hearts are baking, whisk together all the ingredients for the tartar sauce. Serve the artichoke hearts hot with tartar sauce for dipping.