Vegan Caramel Pecan Turtles
Made with Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk by Gaby of @veggieworldrecipes
These Vegan Caramel Pecan Turtles are the best nutty, sweet, salty, rich, and chocolatey treat!
They’re made with a homemade vegan coconut milk caramel, roasted pecans and chocolate.
Best of all, these tasty turtles are easy to make, so you can whip up a batch whenever you need a sweet fix.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 tbsp Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk*
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- dash of vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- *Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight and scoop out 2.5 tablespoons of the solid coconut cream that forms at the top.
- First, let’s make the caramel sauce. Start by opening the can of coconut milk and scooping out the coconut cream.
- Add it to a small pan over medium heat, along with the coconut sugar, vanilla, salt & cornstarch whisk everything together making sure to break up any clumps.
- Refrigerate the caramel for a few minutes so it can cool off and solidify.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Do this in 30-second increments, taking it out to stir the chocolate in between. Repeat this until all of the chocolate has melted.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop out a small spoonful of melted chocolate & spread it in a small circle on the baking sheet.
- Arrange five pecans in a circle on top of the chocolate.
- Repeat this for all of the pecans. This recipe makes about 16 turtles, so you will use up about 80 pecans.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, about 10 mins.
- Next, pour a spoonful of caramel sauce on top of each turtle. Place them in the fridge for another 15-20 mins, until the caramel hardens.
- Remove the turtles from the fridge & top them with another spoonful of chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
- Remove the turtles from the fridge, top with flakey salt & enjoy!