Vegan Carrot Cake Truffles
Made with Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut by @purelykaylie
These easy no-bake carrot cake truffles are the perfect spring treat: healthy, vegan, gluten-free, and grain-free!
This recipe is made with pecans, walnuts, medjool dates, Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut, shredded carrots and coated in a layer of white chocolate.
They’re recipe is a fun twist on the classic carrot cake but in snack-able form!
This no-bake recipe comes together with a food processor and involves no-baking!
This no-bake dessert is perfect for Easter and spring!
The texture is soft and chewy, while the flavor is lightly sweet with a hint of spice.
These truffles are typically coated in creamy white chocolate, but you can skip the chocolate coating and enjoy them as energy balls!
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1 and ½ cups raw walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, tightly packed
- 1 cup shredded carrots (fresh carrots shredded at home)
- 1 cup Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt (less if your nuts are salted)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or white melting chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients (except white chocolate chips) to a food processor. This includes pecans, walnuts, medjool dates, shredded carrots, shredded coconut, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt,
- Pulse/blend the ingredients until they combine into a sticky dough. You should be able to easily pinch the dough together with your hands. If it isn’t sticky enough, add an extra dash of maple syrup and blend again. If it is too wet, add extra nuts and blend again.
- Using clean hands, scoop and roll the dough into balls. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until melted through. Alternatively, use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Gently dip each truffle in the melted white chocolate, one at a time. Tap off any excess and set aside. Sprinkle on any topping of your choosing to decorate (like shredded coconut, sprinkles, or crushed pecans). Let the truffles set at room temperature (or chill in the refrigerator to set quickly). Enjoy!