Vegan Chocolate Fudge Oat Bars
This delicious oaty dessert is filled with a thick, fudgey, chocolate layer and a toasted oat crumble.
The fudge layer comes together with Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream, chocolate and coconut sugar.
The oat crumble is made gluten-free with instant oats, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, dairy free milk and vanilla.
These bars aren’t baked instead, they are chilled in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours for the perfect fudgey texture.
The oat crumble is on the top and bottom for the perfect oaty crunch with a fudgey layer.
These bars are perfect to make ahead and eat throughout the week when you’re craving a sweet but healthy treat!
Chocolate Fudge Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cup instant oats (120 g)
- 1 cup almond flour (112 g)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (120 g)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (72 g)
- 3 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 120 grams chocolate
- 3/4 cup Native Forest Organic Coconut Cream
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar
Note: coconut cream needs to be refrigerated overnight. Only the solid part that forms at the top will be used.
- To a pan over medium heat, add the oats, almond flour, maple, oil, milk, vanilla, & salt. Stir together, mixing the ingredients well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring consistently. You want to cook the oats until a few of them begin to turn golden brown. Once you’ve cooked the oat mixture, set aside.
- In a bowl, melt the chocolate. Do this by microwaving the chocolate in 30 second increments & stirring in between microwaving, until all of the chocolate has melted.
- To the melted chocolate, add the coconut cream and sugar and mix.
- The mixture will start to harden very quickly because the cold from the cream will harden the melted chocolate so try and stir quickly.
- Note: you may need to adjust the sugar based on the chocolate you use. I used dark chocolate, so I added 2 tbsp of sugar. If you use a very sweet chocolate, you may need less. Taste your filling to decide how much chocolate you need.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with coconut oil. I used about a 5 x 7 inch pan.
- Add half of the oat crumble to the dish. Pack it tightly using your hands or a spatula.
- On top of the layer of crust, spread the chocolate layer. Top with the remaining oat crumble.
- Refrigerate the bars for 4-5 hours, giving the fudge layer enough time to harden in the fridge.
- Once ready, slice & enjoy!