Vegan Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
Made with Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk by @purelykaylie
This cinnamon roll coffee cake is filled with a brown sugar swirl, cinnamon streusel topping, and vanilla glaze drizzle.
It’s moist, tender, fluffy, and perfectly spiced with cinnamon.
It’s made easy, vegan and dairy-free with Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk!
This cinnamon roll coffee cake is what dreams are made of. It takes two ridiculously delicious breakfast treats (cinnamon rolls & classic coffee cake) and combines them into one glorious baked good!
Enjoy this vegan baked good as a breakfast treat, for brunch, or dessert!
When you’re craving freshly baked cinnamon rolls but short on time, this recipe is perfect!
It has all the flavors of a delicious cinnamon roll with little effort and pairs perfectly with your morning cup of coffee!
- ¾ cup Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk*
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted**
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free baking flour)*** (408 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
CINNAMON SUGAR FILLING
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free baking flour)*** (102 g)
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted**
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper (or grease with vegan butter or coconut oil).
- Cinnamon Sugar Filling: In a small bowl, add brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Cinnamon Crumble: In a small bowl, add flour, brown sugar, melted vegan butter, chopped pecans, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together until evenly combined. If needed, use clean hands to incorporate the ingredients.
- Coffee Cake: In a large bowl, combine canned coconut milk, melted vegan butter, applesauce, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Whisk together. Add flour, granulated sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined; do not overmix the batter.
- Assemble: Using clean hands or a spatula, spread half of the coffee cake batter across the bottom of the pan. Top with an even layer of the cinnamon sugar filling. Again, using clean hands or a spatula, add the remaining coffee cake batter over the cinnamon sugar filling. It’s okay if it doesn’t cover every inch of the filling and there are gaps throughout. Finally, add the cinnamon crumble over the top.
- Bake: Bake coffee cake for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out nearly clean. Remove from the oven and let cool inside the baking dish.
- Vanilla Glaze: In a small bowl, add powdered sugar, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until smooth.
- Glaze and Slice: Once the coffee cake has cooled, gently lift the parchment paper to remove it from the baking dish. Drizzle the vanilla glaze on top. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy!