Vegan Cookie Dough Blizzards
Made with Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream by @the_bananadiaries
This super easy vegan homemade blizzard tastes just like the classic Dairy Queen version!
You’ll never know that it’s dairy free and vegan thanks to Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream!
Stuffed and loaded with cookie dough pieces in every bite, this homemade cookie dough blizzard even passes the flip test!
If you’re looking for the perfect summer vegan dessert recipe to chill out, then you need to make this homemade blizzard recipe!
To make these blizzards you’ll start by making the dairy free custard base, and allowing it to fully cool.
Then you have two options: to use an ice cream machine or blender! The ice cream maker is our preferred method. After you’ve chilled the custard, you’ll pour your homemade blizzard base into the bowl of the chilled ice cream maker.
Then churn the ice cream as you would regular ice cream according to the manufactures instructions. However, you’ll churn a bit longer to ensure that your ice cream is super thick (we recommend 35-40 minutes).
Add in the mix ins, and stir. Then spoon your homemade cookie dough blizzard into cups and enjoy!
Alternatively, you can use a high speed blender. Simply pour the custard into a glass dish and freeze until hardened. Then scoop the hardened ice cream into the blender bowl, and blend WITHOUT any liquid. It will be super thick. Finally, stir in your mix ins, and spoon into serving jars!
Our favorite mixins are cookie dough, m&ms, oreos, or peanut butter cups!
This is one of our favorite recipes yet and we can’t wait for you to try it!
Now kickback, relax and enjoy your blizzard on a hot summer day!
Vegan Cookie Dough Blizzard
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Chill: 4 hours
- 1 13.5-ounce can Let’s Do Organic® Organic Heavy Coconut Cream
- ⅓ cup organic granulated sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Let’s Do Organic® Organic Arrowroot Starch
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Optional: ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or powder
- 2 batches edible vegan gluten free cookie dough
- ½ cup additional vegan chocolate chips
- We recommend using an ice cream machine. However, we also provide an option for making this with just a blender (though the best results will be with an ice cream machine!). Please read through all instructions before beginning.
- If you’re using an ice cream machine, make sure that your ice cream container has been chilled overnight.
- Make the ice cream custard first. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut cream, sugar, arrowroot starch, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste. Then bring the mixture to a boil on medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, and continue to whisk until the mixture just begins to thicken. Once thickening, remove from heat. Allow the coconut custard to cool entirely before using in your ice cream machine. This will take a minimum of 4 hours in the fridge.
- Once your ice cream is cool, you can begin to churn the ice cream. Pour your custard into your ice cream machine per the instructions of the maker. Churn the ice cream according to the maker’s instructions. We recommend at least 30 minutes until it really begins to thicken. See notes for an alternative option using a blender.
- While the ice cream is churning, make the edible cookie dough according to instructions (you may swap in all purpose flour if you are not gluten free).
- Once the ice cream has thickened, scoop the cookie dough into teaspoon-sized globs, and stir into the churned ice cream, along with the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cookie dough blizzard into serving glasses, and top with additional cookie dough pieces. Serve and enjoy immediately!
Ice Cream Maker alternative: Instead of using an ice cream machine, you can make the custard, then pour the custard into a glass baking dish. Freeze until hardened, about 4-6 hours in the freezer. Once frozen, scoop the ice cream into a high-speed blender, and blend WITHOUT any additional liquids. Once blended and creamy, stir in the cookie dough pieces along with the chocolate chips.