Copycat Kudos Bars
If you grew up in the 80’s or 90’s, there’s no doubt you had a kudos granola bar!
Throwing it way back to the 90’s, we’ve veganized the kudos bar and made it with better for you ingredients!
The not-so-secret ingredient in these bars is Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk!
The sweetened condensed coconut milk acts as the sticky sweetener and binder and only liquid ingredient you need.
This is the easiest granola bar recipe you’ve ever seen with only FOUR INGREDIENTS (plus chocolate chips!)
Perfectly crispy and chewy, sturdy and not too crumbly, and deliciously dipped/drizzled/full of chocolate chips.
Kudos Bars came in many different flavors like M&M’s, Chocolate Chip, Snickers and Peanut Butter.
You can easily customize these bars to your preferred flavor, but subbing the chocolate chips for whatever you desire!
These bars are made gluten-free (with gluten-free oats), dairy-free, and totally vegan!
We start by combining rice cereal, oats, and salt in a large bowl. Then heat the sweetened condensed coconut milk until warm, whisking until smooth. Pour on top of the dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
It’s very IMPORTANT to set aside and cool the mixture to cool about 10-15 minutes so you don’t melt the chocolate chips!
Fold in mini chocolate chips. Once the mixture is cooled, fold in the chocolate chips and then transfer mixture to a square baking dish lined with parchment paper, place a piece of wax paper on top, and use your hands or another pan to press in VERY firmly.
Finally, bake for 1 hour at 250°F. Cool, then chill 4 hours so they are easier to slice and coat in chocolate!
Vegan Copycat Kudos Bars
4 cups (120g) crispy rice cereal
2 cups (160g) quick oats
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup (120g) mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chips, melted
- Combine cereal, oats, and salt in a large bowl.
- In the microwave or on the stovetop, heat the sweetened condensed coconut milk until warm, whisking until smooth.
- Pour on top of the dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
- Set aside to cool about 10-15 minutes (IMPORTANT so you don’t melt the chocolate chips!)
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture to a square baking dish (8×8”) lined with parchment paper, place a piece of wax paper on top, and use your hands or another pan to press in VERY firmly.
- Bake 1 hour at 250°F.
- Cool, then chill 4 hours (makes them easier to slice/coat).
- Lift out of the pan, slice into 10 bars
- Dip the bottom of each bar in melted chocolate, then place on wax paper to set. Drizzle the tops with more melted chocolate. Chill until chocolate is set.