Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
Made with Native Forest Classic Coconut Milk by Gaby of @veggieworldrecipes
There is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of delicious creamy pasta! You won’t believe this creamy pasta is entirely dairy-free and vegan.
The secret to making this sauce super creamy and thick is to use Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk for the creamiest dreamiest vegan pasta sauce!
- splash of olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can of Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (75 g)*
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 box of fettuccine pasta
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions and then set it aside.Chop the onion and garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil on a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook them for 3-4 minutes, until they start to release their flavors and the onion becomes translucent.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to a food processor. Then add the coconut milk, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Blend until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the alfredo sauce back into the pan that you sauteed the onion and garlic and turn the heat back to medium.
- Add in the cornstarch and whisk it up, breaking up any clumps. Cook the sauce for 3-4 minutes, until it starts to thicken from the cornstarch.
- Once the sauce has thickened to your liking, pour it on top of your fettuccine noodles and enjoy!
*Note: make sure to soak the cashews overnight in water. If you forget, soak them in boiling water for 1 hour before making this recipe.