Vegan Marble Loaf Cake
This chocolate and vanilla swirled fluffy marble loaf cake is tender, buttery, and so soft with the perfect swirl inside!
You won’t believe this Starbucks copycat recipe is made entirely vegan, dairy free, and without eggs!
This stunning and delicious marble pound cake is taken up a notch with a rich chocolate frosting!
Despite the mesmerizing swirl, this vegan marble pound cake is so easy to make!
Simply whisk together the vanilla cake batter, then divide half the batter for the chocolate. Next, we’ll use a really easy method to get a no fail beautiful swirl inside and bake!
Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream helps make this marble loaf, extra rich and moist!
This recipe is truly a feat, and honestly, with that beautiful chocolate vanilla swirl in the middle, how could you not be mesmerized!?
It’s the perfect show-stopping dessert for any occasion like Easter and Mother’s Day! Snag the recipe below.
- 3 cups (375) g all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 2 tbsp Let’s Do Organic Organic Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (50 g) high quality cocoa powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup (150 g) unsalted vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240 mL) dairy-free milk(such as oat milk or soy milk), room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream, divided
- Optional topping: vegan chocolate frosting
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350F, and line an 8” loaf pan with parchment paper. Measure out all ingredients.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, dairy free yogurt, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and sea salt. Then pour in the dairy free milk as you continuously whisk. Pour in ¼ cup of the coconut cream as well, and whisk just until the dry ingredients are combined into the wet.
- Make the chocolate batter: Divide half the batter into a separate medium sized bowl, and add in the cocoa powder and remaining heavy coconut cream. Mix just until the cocoa powder is combined.
- Assemble the batter: Create the marble pattern by adding 2-3 tbsp dollops of vanilla batter and chocolate batter next to each other, alternating and layering the cake batter on top of itself (see photos for example). Use a butter knife to swirl the batter to create the marble pattern, being careful not to over swirl.
- Bake: Bake the marble loaf for 65-70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the loaf is browning too much, cover the top with tinfoil as it bakes.
- Cool: Remove from the oven and allow the loaf to cool before preparing the vegan chocolate frosting. Then frost and top as desired.
- Slice and serve: Enjoy!