Vegan Mushroom Risotto
Made with Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream and Edward & Sons Organic Italian Breadcrumbs by The Banana Diaries.
This vegan mushroom risotto is creamy, velvety rich and bursting with savory mushroom flavor.
It tastes just like classic risotto but it’s made totally vegan and dairy-free!
The secret ingredient to make this risotto ultra CREAMY is Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream!
In fact, we like to call this Pantry Risotto because it’s made with ingredients you can find in your pantry!
No need to wash, dry and slice fresh mushrooms, because this easy risotto is made with Native Forest Organic Crimini Mushroom Slices!
Make this ahead and enjoy throughout the week for up to 4 days!
It’s so easy and yummy, it will impress any dinner guest!
Snag this easy pantry risotto recipe below!
Vegan Mushroom Risotto
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 3 6.5 ounce cans Native Forest Organic Cremini Mushroom Slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry non-alcoholic wine
- ⅓ cup Let’s Do Organic Heavy Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded vegan parmesan
- Fresh thyme, to taste
- Breadcrumbs, for topping
- Prep: Measure out all ingredients. Strain the mushrooms and use the liquid to add to the vegetable broth to reach 1 quart.
- Boil the broth: Measure out 1 quart total of vegetable broth and the liquid from the mushroom cans combined. Bring the vegetable broth mixture to a simmer in a medium pot on the stove top. Keep simmering as you start the risotto.
- Saute: In a large pot, heat the vegan butter and garlic together on medium heat until the garlic is lightly browned. Then add in the mushrooms, dried parsley, Italian seasoning, and onion powder. Stir and saute until fragrant and the mushrooms are lightly cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Then add in the rice, and lightly cook until the rice is slightly toasted.
- Cook: Add in the wine, coconut cream, and lemon juice, and stir. Cook on medium-low heat until the liquid is absorbed. Then add in 2 ladles of vegetable broth. Stir until the vegetable broth is absorbed, about 5-6 minutes. Then add 2 more ladles of vegetable broth, and repeat this process until the rice is al dente (about 15-20 minutes). You might have some leftover broth, and that’s okay! Save that for reheating the mushroom risotto.
- Stir: Turn off the stove top heat and add in the vegan parmesan and fresh thyme. Stir until the vegan cheese is melted and combined.
- Serve: Top the mushroom risotto with more mushrooms if desired, and a tablespoon each of breadcrumbs. Serve hot and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.