Vegan Peppermint Mocha Donuts
Peppermint mocha donuts are a festive holiday breakfast or dessert! They are light, fluffy, and loaded with chocolate, peppermint, and coffee flavors.
These baked donuts are vegan, dairy-free, eggless, and gluten-free friendly.
‘Tis the season for all things chocolate and peppermint! If you’re a fan of this classic flavor combination, you will love these festive holiday donuts.
These donuts are topped with peppermint chocolate ganache and crushed candy canes!
These peppermint mocha donuts are the perfect cure for chilly winter mornings and evenings. They’re cozy, comforting, and so easy to make in just one bowl.
The recipe doubles as both a holiday breakfast and a dessert. Enjoy them for Christmas morning or bring ’em along to your next holiday party!
PEPPERMINT MOCHA DONUTS
- ¾ cup Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, or distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (natural, not dutch processed)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1 cup chocolate chips (semisweet or dairy-free milk)
- ½ cup Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract (optional)
- ½ cup crushed candy canes (or peppermint candy)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a donut pan with coconut oil or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, add coconut milk and vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add applesauce, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract. Whisk together.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, ground coffee, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together just until the flour is evenly incorporated. The batter will have lots of air pockets throughout it – that is normal and expected!
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag. Pipe the batter into each donut slot. If you do not have a piping bag, simply use a spoon to transfer the batter.
- Bake donuts for 13-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool inside the pan.
- Once the donuts cool, prepare the peppermint chocolate ganache. In a small bowl, add coconut milk. Microwave for 30 seconds. Immediately pour chocolate chips into the bowl. Let sit for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Whisk together until all of the chocolate chips are melted.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the peppermint chocolate ganache. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top. Set aside to let the chocolate firm. Keep stored in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- How to store: These donuts are best enjoyed freshly baked. However, if you have leftovers, store them inside a sealed container in the refrigerator.