Vegan Zesty Lemon Tart
This tangy lemon tart is refreshing, made with better-for-you ingredients, and totally vegan and dairy free!
The zing of fresh lemon filling meets a delicate crust for a delightfully refreshing dessert.
It’s sweet, tangy, summery and perfect for any occasion!
Grab the recipe below.
- 1 cup coconut cream from a can of Native Forest Organic Simple Coconut Milk
- ½ cup soaked cashews (80 g)
- 1 can Let’s Do Organic Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk (7.4 oz)
- ½ cup lemon juice (about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (10 g)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pie crust
- Chill the can of coconut milk overnight. In the morning, scoop out the solid part that has formed at the top and measure out 1 cup.
- Soak the cashews overnight in water before making the recipe. You can also soak in boiling water for 1 hour if you forget to do this overnight.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into the bottom of the frozen store-bought pie crust. Bake the pie crust in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350*F/ 175*C.
- To a food processor, add the coconut cream, cashews, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, zest, turmeric, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth & creamy.
- Transfer the filling to a saucepan and turn on the heat to low-medium. Add the cornstarch and whisk it up to break up any clumps. Stir constantly for a few minutes, until the filling starts to thicken just a bit. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the pie filling to the pie crust. Refrigerate the pie overnight or for 6+ hours.
- Top with homemade vegan meringue or coconut whipped cream.